Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thank you, my praying friends

  I have had so many people say what am encouragement it is to see how positive I have been through all of this. But I know it is not because of my own strength. So tonight I want to thank you. All of you who are praying for me. When I look through notes and emails and comments and see that hundreds of people are praying for me and my family, is it any wonder that we can carry on each day? You have no idea how many times just the right note has reached me at just the right time. And today, when I was expecting more of myself than I aught, God sent just the right friend with the perfect balance of love and chastisement to remind me that "doing great" 2 weeks after major surgery isn't the same as "back to normal." Those are your prayers for me being answered. My husband is handling all of the uncertainty and bombardment of new, difficult news with strength and steadiness not generally found in his nature. He has not been overwhelmed like I would expect him to be. He has been gentle and loving and sensitive even when he has no idea what to do next or how to help me. These are the effects of your prayers for him. My children have been wonderful. Not perfect, of course, but wonderful. My boys are more attentive to what I say (maybe because they have to listen harder to hear it!) and are obeying more quickly. They are trying to think of things for themselves so that I don't have to tell them everything that needs to be done. I have had back rubs, foot rubs, and more hugs and kisses than I ever would have expected. They are showing me love and respect in the best ways they know how. My daughter...my princess...she amazes me. She checks on me constantly. Am I comfortable, do I need anything, can she help me with whatever it is that I am doing. Let me tell you how your prayers have helped my daughter, because my heart is overflowing! Trin will be 12 on August 5th. Being the only girl, the planner of our family and the most particular of my children, she starts talking about her birthday slumber party ages before I'm ready to think about it. A couple days ago she said she had settled on who to invite and wanted to work on invitations. My stomach dropped. I'm doing great, that's true, but I just don't think I'm going to be up for 5 or 6 giggling girls less than a month after surgery. But with all of my appointments and being in the hospital, we really hadn't had time to talk about it. So, fearing tears and a broken heart, I gently asked if we could do something easier this year. "I don't want to ruin your day just because I'm not 100% yet, but I just don't think I can handle a party like that right now, baby." She didn't cry a bit, and I was so relieved. She doesn't generally deal well with plans being changed...she gets an idea in her head and disappointment just crushes her from head to toe if it doesn't work. We talked about a couple other options that night and ended with, "well, think about it and see if there is something you would enjoy that wouldn't be quite so hectic for me." Tonight she came up to me and have me a big hug. "Mama, do you think instead of a party, you and I could just spend a day together? Just the two of us?" I almost cried right then. Of course, my beautiful baby! 12 years old and a whole day with Mama is as good as a slumber party. How blessed am I!? See how your prayers have helped my children? They are seeing past themselves and into the needs of others...right now, obviously, those are mainly my needs. Oh, Lord, let it continue! May this be a beginning that doesn't end! Teach my children to be servant minded, sacrificial in their relationships and always gracious when faced with the needs of those around them.
  And you, my dear reader, thank you so much for your prayers. I feel them daily; bolstering my faith, soothing my fears, easing my discomfort, changing me, changing my family. Maybe you and I have not met and will not meet face to face this side of heaven, but I want to thank you today for lifting my household up to the One we both serve. Some of you I do know personally. Some of you have joined hands with me and prayed. Your prayers are being answered, I assure you. Even the prayers for healing...maybe I am not being healed instantly as a divine gift, but I am healing with no unforseen consequences. And that is a gift in it's self. Be encouraged: God answers prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment